Subject: CERV Citizens’ engagement and participation call (CERV-2025-CITIZENS-CIV) - open to applications
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "RICCETTI Deborah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2025 16:48:49 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

RECIPIENTS: Focal points on SLAPPs and MS representatives who participated 
in SLAPP meetings until Focal point is established

Dear colleagues,

We would like to bring to your attention a call for proposals for EU action 
grants in the field of Citizens’ engagement and participation under the 
Citizens, Equality, Rights and Value Programme (CERV).

The call for proposals for EU funding is related to the Anti-Slapp 
initiative and could be of interest to you and your networks. We invite you 
to promote it through your channels.

Scope:

The objective of the call is promoting citizens' and representative 
associations’ participation in and contribution to the democratic and civic 
life of the Union by making known and publicly exchanging their views in all 
areas of Union action.

This call aims to support projects promoted by transnational partnerships 
and networks directly involving citizens. These projects will gather a 
diverse range of people from different backgrounds and genders in activities 
directly linked to EU policies, giving them an opportunity to actively 
participate in the EU policymaking process and thus contribute to the 
democratic and civic life of the Union. The projects will encourage citizens’, 
including young persons, understanding of the policymaking process, showing 
in practice how to engage in the democratic life of the EU and enabling them 
to make known and publicly exchange their views in all areas of Union 
action.

The call focuses on three priorities:

*	Priority 1. Promoting exchanges on future Union policy priorities and 
challenges
*	Priority 2. Countering disinformation, information manipulation and 
interference in the democratic debate
*	Priority 3. Promoting citizens’ active engagement and democratic 
participation

Among the policy initiatives supported:

*	European Democracy Action Plan (3 December 2020)
*	Defence of Democracy Package (12 December 2023)
*	EU Citizenship Package (6 December 2023)
*	Strategy to strengthen the application of the Charter of Fundamental 
Rights in the EU (2 December 2020)
*	European Commission Recommendation on Protecting journalists and human 
rights defenders who engage in public participation from manifestly 
unfounded abusive court proceedings ("Strategic lawsuits against public 
participation”) (27 April 2022)
*	European Commission Communication on Protecting election integrity and 
promoting democratic participation (25 November 2021)

Deadline for submitting applications: 29 April 2025 – 17:00:00 CET 
(Brussels)

The call documents are available here: 
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/opportunities/topic-details/CERV-2025-CITIZENS-CIV?isExactMatch=true&status=31094501,31094502&frameworkProgramme=43251589&order=DESC&pageNumber=1&pageSize=50&sortBy=startDate> 
EU Funding & Tenders Portal

Kind regards,

European Commission
DG JUST Anti-SLAPP Team